Sussed in the Forest is a network of New Forest schools, supported by the New Forest National Parks Authority.
The project aims to put sustainability at the heart of the schools, their curriculum and communities.
Schools are provided with advice and with ideas for activities linked to both Roots and Shoots and Eco-Schools. Both programmes expand school experience beyond the school and allow students to embrace the wider world. Other schools are supported on individual projects not linked with either organisation and all are encouraged to use and enjoy the beautiful New Forest.
Our schools all have different starting points but share common goals. We would like to see New Forest schools leading the way in environmental and social stewardship. We hope that as the project progresses, some of the schools will share their best practice and that this will encourage others to think about teaching and learning within a sustainable framework.
Do follow their progress through this website or on Twitter.
We launched our 'Postcard to Paris' initiative ahead of COP21 Paris and were thrilled that most of our schools took part in this hugely successful campaign. Read a short summary of this extraordinary story here. Postcard to paris Outcomes We were particularly grateful for the help of the inspirational group of scientists from 'Pole to Paris' at http://poletoparis.com/
- Global Education and Human or Child Rights
- Send My Friend to School
- Climate Change
- Pond dipping with processing and analysis of results.
Free for Sussed in the Forest Schools. Other groups: costs available on enquiry*
Visits that can be arranged
- A visit to West Solent Solar Cooperative, and follow-up ideas
- A from NFDC's excellent recycling officer
- A visit to a waste handling facility
- A visit and a workshop from 'Roll out the Barrel'
- A visit to or from firms with the best sustainability credentials
- A session with Pondhead Conservation Volunteers, winner of CPRE award 2015
Read Ringwood School's press release about their campaign for Syrian children Syrian Children Press release
Read the press release about Enormous Elephant Art Exhibition ACROSS FOREST